[avrdude-dev] [patch #7703] AT89S5x support, stk500 spi frequency bugfix

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7703] AT89S5x support, stk500 spi frequency bugfix, other minor fixes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:22:13 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #7703 (project avrdude):

I tried to read through all the patch.  Sorry, I give up.
With all the messed up whitespace, it's really hard to
see what's going on.

I'd love to incorporate these changes, but please:

. Submit one patch per problem/enhancement.  It's virtually
impossible for me to just cherry-pick the SCK period fix
out of it now.

. As already said, keep everything else as it is, regardless
of whether you love it the way it is or not.  Mind you, I
don't love all this myself, but I've learned my lesson years
ago, and am simply not tempted to just do a sweeping
whitespace fix over the entire repository.  When trying to
find a bug later on, the whitespace mess masks the actual
changes so much you don't see the bug anymore.

. I love the idea of being able to specify the SPI frequency
in kHz/MHz, but would love to extend this from terminal mode
to the commandline's -B option as well.  (Already thought
about this before, but never got around to do it.)

. Please limit the line length to a more reasonable value.
80 columns as long as it makes sense, and not more than about
100 columns.

. Block comments are better written as
/*
 * Block of comments
 * goes here.
 */
rather than using //.

Nevertheless, all this is really welcome, Jan!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7703>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/