[avrdude-dev] [bug #35456] The progress bar for STK500V2 programmer is "

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #35456] The progress bar for STK500V2 programmer is "wrong".
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:06:53 +0000

Update of bug #35456 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #4:

Well, due to all the changes with respect to handling files
with "holes", the progress reporting is now relative to the
entire size of the respective memory region, rather than
relative to the highest file address.

So if you have a file that contains a small application
part at the beginning, followed by a bootloader part at the
top (e.g. since you want to use SPM instructions), the
progress bar proceeds as normal for the lower memory area,
then jumps to the bootloader region, and eventually completes.

I think this is a feature rather than a bug. ;-)

I don't say this is something that cannot be changed at all,
but displaying the progress relative to the overall memory
size seems to make some sense to me.

Opinions?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35456>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah