Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows building advice

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows building advice
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 20:46:54 +0200

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> I thought that there were switches to "ar" that can be used to have
> it automatically run ranlib and/or generate an index without having
> to run ranlib again...

Probably, but even then, I'm afraid, the correct ar has to be used
(the one for the target rather than the host's one).

Using the autoconf trickery Rene told me, I got it to do just this:
use both, ar and ranlib, for the target system.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/