Re: [avrdude-dev] Verification errors with TPI and PDI programming

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Verification errors with TPI and PDI programming
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 10:01:22 +0200

As "Ing. Daniel RozsnyĆ³" wrote:

> Not all is fixed..

Nobody claimed it were.  It was just the two specific bugs Joakim
mentioned are assumed to be fixed now.

> few days ago in SVN verson the xmega fuses were
> still wrongly programmed - all io went to fuse0 in hardware
> (jtagice3/pdi with x32a4u).

Yes, I'm aware of it.

> There was a patch for it - but why it is not applied for trunk?

Because my time budget is finite only, and nobody else (of those with
commit privs) stepped forward to apply it.

It's not only to apply the patch, but it also needs testing.  The last
thing we'd like to have is introducing new bugs by a bugfix.

Before polishing up for a release, I'll certainly walk again through
the bug list, and try closing everything that appears to be a fatal
bug (the wrong fuse writes fall into that category, for sure).
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/