Re: [avrdude-dev] Verification errors with TPI and PDI programming

From: Joakim Lubeck
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Verification errors with TPI and PDI programming
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:39:48 +0200

On 08/29/2013 11:30 AM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Joakim Lubeck wrote:

But it works without problems if I use the version RELEASE_5_11_1.
Well, the USBasp code doesn't offer much debugging output.

The AVRISPmkII code does, can you please try running with -vvvv, and
compare the logs between both version in order to try finding a
difference?  (Better use a short hexfile, the output is noisy.)

I found that it works if I do an explicit flash erase before writing the flash with avrispmkii/XMega128a1. I did not have to do that with the JTAGICE3.

But that does not help with usbasp/tiny10 combination. And as you say, it's very little debug information with the usbasp. I don't think it's anything usefull from the -vvvv output.

/Joakim