[avrdude-dev] [bug #37801] AVRDUDE incorrectly programs sparse images >6

From: Simon Sabato
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #37801] AVRDUDE incorrectly programs sparse images >64KB
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 01:32:56 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: simonls
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Avrdude 5.11, as included in Arduino 1.0.1.  Using stk500v2 protocol and
Arduino bootloader-based programming.

I thought I'd submitted this already, but maybe it never went through.

I had a project which partially utilizes bottom 64KB, then packs some binary
data beginning at 128KB & 192KB.  The Flash was incorrectly programmed
starting at 0x10000.  I tried both Intel and Motorola formats, same thing.  I
then generated a 256KB binary file, and that one programmed correctly.  Hence
I suspect it's an issue jumping the programming forward over a 64KB boundary.

Have attached a verbose log of the programming which failed.

File Attachments:

Date: Sat 24 Nov 2012 01:32:55 AM GMT  Name: upload.txt.gz  Size: 173kB   By:
simonls
Verbose log of the programming which failed
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=26966>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37801>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/