Re: [avrdude-dev] Performance of programming via MPSEE

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Performance of programming via MPSEE
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:24:37 +0200

> With the same 112898 payload I've got these figures (in seconds):
Thanks for the test run.

> Actually, it does not pass identify with the -b 3000001 setting either. So 3M
> is max here.
Yes, I was wrong. I just looked it up in the datasheet. Above 12MHz the maximum
ISP clock is f_ck/6 - so you are already faster than it should be possible ;)

> I do not use a cable - just a FT2232 - AHC244 - ATmega2560-16AU, see the
> picture. I know I could use a 232/245, but my aim was to implement the
> interface just once and reuse it in future projects.
Ah. PCB traces are the better cables - if routing is good. You can go even
faster than the datasheet says ;)

> One more question - in FT4232, there are multiple MPSEE's. Can avrdude select
> a higher one? I would like to get the boards equipped with dual programmer
> (one avr-isp for atmega and one jtag based for fpga).
Yes, but only in the config file (avrdude.conf) set usbdev to A or B (both
upper case and lower case is valid).

> Are there any windows builds of this recent avrdude?
I don't know. I guess there are no "official" build for any system. Third
parties might provide binaries, but I don't know any.

Best regards,
Hannes