Re: [avrdude-dev] Dragon DW->ISP USB reset question

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Dragon DW->ISP USB reset question
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:58:12 +0100

As John McCorquodale wrote:

>   (2) If I were to go through the hassle of patching avrdude to not need this
>       spurious exit, would it be a dead-end because the dragon needs the reset
>       in order to get itself back from DW into ISP?

That's what I think is the case.  I cannot remember though, I think
this is not written down anywhere in an official Atmel document but
I've been explained that upon a request to Atmel many years ago.
That's why I implemented it the way it is now.

> P.S. The (*) above is to mention that the call to free() in
> jtagmkII_teardown()
>      dumps code for me in both 5.10 and SVN head, right as avrdude exits.

That's bad.  I thought I've been fixing all those pointer confusions.
Please file a bug report for it (of course, if you've got a fix, I'd
be even more thankful as I cannot spend too much time into AVRDUDE
right now due to personal shortage of sparetime).