[avrdude-dev] How to compile Avrdude in Windows

From: Ben Porter
Subject: [avrdude-dev] How to compile Avrdude in Windows
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:57:37 -0700

I've been trying to compile Avrdude in windows with no success.

At first I tried using Cygwin as per the documentation, but this method
didn't work.  I later found this:

http://old.nabble.com/-bug--29263--Can%27t-build-avrdude-on-windows-using-latest-cygwin-1.7.1-td27955224.html

Which basically says that avrdude can't be built with Cygwin anymore, and
instead should be built using mingw.  I've tried this method as well, but
have had problems with missing libraries (packages?).

I know somebody out there has built avrdude in windows recently, and would
appreciate it if they could outline the build steps and build environment
setup clearly and accurately.

Thanks.