Re: [avrdude-dev] writing two Fuse Bytes faild

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] writing two Fuse Bytes faild
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:08:16 +0100

As Markus Burrer wrote:

> If I repeat the same command, both fuse bytes are written
> successfull.  What's wrong here? (I'm using Ubuntu Linux)

I suspect this is due to the latching of fuse byte changes.
All fuse changes affecting oscillator options are latched
internally, and deferred until after the current ISP session
has terminated.  That way, one ISP session always operates
with the same CPU clock source.

All AVRDUDE -U options are handled within a single ISP session.
Running a separate command, of course, initiates a new session.