[avrdude-dev] [patch #6825] xmega problems with JTAGICEmkII

From: Zoltan Laday
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #6825] xmega problems with JTAGICEmkII
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:59:51 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #6825 (project avrdude):

>From the symptoms, it seems to me that you have not refreshed avrdude.conf.
That should remedy the situation. JTAG signature handling should at least
surely work.

There are however still problems with EEPROM read e.g..
I am submitting a newer patch that fixes most of these.
This new patch is against the SVN head (version 819).
This should be easier to integrate.

With this patch, memory handling should work (flash, EEPROM).
I am using this patched version of avrdude on Mac OS for programming
an x128a1 routinely. It is fairly stable. This has been reported by
a user on Linux, too.

There has been one issue reported. If flash programming is finished,
the target board does not start to run the new code. A manual reset
is required.

Features not dealt with:
- chip erase functions
- PDI physical interface support