[avrdude-dev] AVR910 owner: please test CVS

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 owner: please test CVS
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 23:17:55 +0200

To all AVR910 owners: I just integrated a patch from Klaus Leidinger,
principal author (and maintainer) of one of the few existing AVR910
implementations around that are still being maintained.  Besides some
cosmetic changes (which I committed separately to CVS), the main
subject of his patch is to perform a test whether the target
programmer implements blockmode transfers, so AVR910 class programmers
can benefit from similar speed enhancements as "Butterfly"
(aka. AVR109) programmers have been enjoying all the time.  Klaus told
me that Atmel's avrprog.exe uses a similar test so there are no
problems to be expected.  Nevertheless, in case some target programmer
chokes on the autoprobe, it can be turned off completely using the -x
no_blockmode programmer-specific option, falling back to the
byte-at-a-time transfers that used to be there before.

So pleaes test this.  I'm planning a release within the next few
weeks.