Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and FT2232

From: Ville Voipio
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and FT2232
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 07:47:11 +0300

Now my intention is to implement this functionality into avrdude (= support for FTDI2232-based MPSSE). However, before doing anything, I would like to know I am doing the right thing.

i've already done than. at least for avr devices (tested with ATmega8, 16 &
32) and using avrdude 5.4.
If there's some interest in my code, i would port it to avrdude 5.5, clean
it a little bit up (actually it is quite a hack ;)) and add some comments.

Yes, please! That would help a lot. If you've done it with libftdi, then
even the cygwin part should not be too large a problem. (I am perfectly
happy with OS X and linux, but there may be cygwin people out there...)

There are several rather inexpensive FTDI-based dongles available, and
MPSSE is quite standardized when it comes to the pinout. And, what's
best, the same dongles can be used with ARMs and so on (e.g., OpenOCD
supports FT2232).

- Ville