[avrdude-dev] [bug #22699] Errors in AVR910 Device Codes

From: Klaus Leidinger
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #22699] Errors in AVR910 Device Codes
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:06:38 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #22699 (project avrdude):

The more I think about the future of this, the more I come close to Joergs
opinion. Let's RIP the good old avr910.

For the existing avr910 programmers and implemented devices anyone who is
interested could edit the avrdude.conf and that's it.

This worked for the last years, and should for the next.
If we always improve the old avr910, this story will never stop.

Changing the devicecode scheme to an Signature based decision within the
avr910 Firmware is also a mess. To be backward compatible (with AVRprog and
others) at least the "official" Devicecodes have to be there.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22699>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/