[avrdude-dev] avrdude and AT89S8253 (how can I change reset polarity via

From: Benedikt Sauter
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and AT89S8253 (how can I change reset polarity via file)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:33:41 +0100

Hello,

today I tested my USBprog (based on AVR069) with an AT89S8253. And it
works. But I missed a parameter in the configuration file for parts
which tells avrdude that the command SET_PARAMETER PARAM_RESET_POLARITY
must be called.

Is there a parameter which can cause this?

http://www.embedded-projects.net/index.php?page_id=241 (here is a german
page with the configuration).

Also there is a bug, or i miss understood this. The AT89S8253 has got
only 2 signature bytes. But if I configure

memory "signature"
           size            = 2;

avrdude ignore this. It's no problem I can use this at the moment with the
configuration

memory "signature"
           size            = 2;

and as compare signature   signature        = 0x1e 0x73 0x1e; (because
he get the first signature byte at third read call)

But how can I force a RESET_POLARITY call via the configuration file?

Regards
Benedikt