[avrdude-dev] jtagice mkI and atmega644

From: Andrew S
Subject: [avrdude-dev] jtagice mkI and atmega644
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:22:43 -0700

After doing some research and getting varying information I'm hoping someone
on this list can give me a good answer to this question. I am having problems
programing an Atmega644 using a jtagice mki clone (Olimex), and I wanted to
confirm that this solution does not work? (In specific, avrdude fails
verification because the entire flash is read back as 0x00)

Can someone explain to me why the devices cannot be programmed with these
programmers? I can't find a clear explanation of the differences between the
MKI and MKII programmers online, other than the mkII contains support for a
debugwire interface, which is not an issue for this chip.

--
Andrew S.