[avrdude-dev] [patch #5655] osx intel avrispmkII hack

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #5655] osx intel avrispmkII hack
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:55:22 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #5655 (project avrdude):

This appears to be the same as mentioned in bug #19882.

What is not quite clear to me is why this only appears to
happen on some hardware/OS combinations but not everywhere.

Note that the JTAG ICE mkII is explicitly taken out of
consideration there since it uses its very own sign-on
sequence (way before that point), and has the AVRISP mkII
commands only wrapped up inside its own communication.

I'd really like to see some more analysis for the actual cause
of this problem before adding a hack that simply disables the
sign-on command.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5655>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/