[avrdude-dev] [patch #4330] Adds experimental FTDI bit bang mode interfa

From: David Brownell
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4330] Adds experimental FTDI bit bang mode interface
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:48:34 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #4330 (project avrdude):

See also the patch I posted to the mailing list:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2006-10/msg00011.html

This uses libftdi on Linux, and looks forward to using the smarter
capabilities on the c-rev ft232 chips ... it doesn't
bang individual bits, but bangs them in bulk, so that the
overall speed is a lot better.

Note that even at this much-improved speed, I needed to
also hack avrdude to avoid superfluous I/O.  Such as
writing every block, after they'd all been erased, and
a few other cases; ideally avrdude would grow a mode
whereby it only flashes bytes stored in the hexfile.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?4330>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/