[avrdude-dev] jtag2 and usb timeout

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: [avrdude-dev] jtag2 and usb timeout
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 03:03:22 -0700

I have been chasing through the avrdude code, and down into libusb. For a while, I suspected my problem was related to a broken-looking test in libusb usb_bulk_read(). I updated libusb. The code for the old libusb on my system, and the 0.12 version that I updated to is *radically* different. But the results are the same. So perhaps that was a red herring, but at least I now have an up-to-date libusb.

It really appears that libusb is returning an error status, without setting an error code. Possibilities:
1) spurious error code for correct operation
2) missing error code for incorrect operation
3) Dave is too tired to be reading code and is totally lost.

I don't know enough about USB to find my way around in libusb, and the new version uses select() for threading, so of course it is complex.

-dave