[avrdude-dev] problem with win32 cygwin build - gettimeofday conflict

From: Neil Davey
Subject: [avrdude-dev] problem with win32 cygwin build - gettimeofday conflict
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:36:56 +1000

Hi All,
Grabbed the latest version from CVS lastnight to build it on win32 cygwin.
The build failed with a complaint about gettimeofday type conflict.
gcc version was 3.4.4
Had a poke and this function has been declared when Joerg modified my
ppi bit control patch (applied last week I think).
Since I was interested in usb I just commented it out and all was ok,
have not look at a solution yet.

I did get a positive outcome from what I intended to do: I have a win32
binary version of avrdude with libusb support that works with the avrisp
mkII usb version.

Regards
Neil Davey