[avrdude-dev] STK500 firmware v2.7?

From: Russell Hoffman
Subject: [avrdude-dev] STK500 firmware v2.7?
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:47:59 -0400

Hi!

I just tried using avrdude 5.1 with my STK500, which was recently
upgraded to firmware version 2.7. The 2.7 upgrade allows
the STK500 to program the AT90USB1287 part, using
AVRStudio under Windows.

Unfortunately, now I can not program ATmega8 parts using
avrdude 5.1 in Linux anymore. I can talk to the part, erase it,
read and write fuses, read the signature bytes, but I can't
program the flash. When I read back the flash, it's always 0xff.

Thanks!

Russ N3WDZ