Re: [avrdude-dev] Extended the butterfly programmer code

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Extended the butterfly programmer code
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:29:13 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> >I've committed some modifications to the `butterfly' code that make
> >it become a full-featured programmer for AVR109-style boot loaders.

> Thanks for doing this! :-)

You're welcome.  Actually, it wasn't all that hard, the main job had
already been done in the past by Martin Thomas with the butterfly code
itself.

This time, it's been one of those rare occasions where I've even been
able to do that as part of paid work.  We've been looking for a simple
bootloader to be used at Atmel Dresden, and AVR109 looked like it's
going to do everything we need.  Together with AVRDUDE, it also makes
the host side platform-independent.  (In theory, there's also AVROSP
from appnote AVR911, but the code there so far is only ready to go for
Win32.)