[avrdude-dev] Re: Native USB support for JTAG ICE mkII added

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: Native USB support for JTAG ICE mkII added
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:22:33 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> I just added native USB support for the JTAG ICE mkII, done via
> libusb.  Find the CVS commit message below.

I've tried it on Linux today (kernel 2.6.18 or such, machine arch is
AMD64, some SuSE distribution).  I have removed the check for the root
device as it appears to be only available in very recent versions of
libusb, and is not strictly needed anyway (checking for the vendor and
product ID suffices).  So the only requirement is the availability of
usb_get_string_simple() in the version of libusb used, thus I've now
based the autoconf decision for using USB on the availability of that
function.

Anyway, a quick test on Linux yielded me some system error when trying
to perform a bulk write to the JTAG ICE (i.e. when sending the first
ICE command).  Can anyone else also try that?  I've got no idea why
that error would happen, given that libusb is supposed to offer a
uniform API across all supported platforms, and given that it works on
my FreeBSD machine.