RE: [avrdude-dev] What port is /dev/ppi under udev?

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] What port is /dev/ppi under udev?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:33:33 -0000

hmm, I've used a thinkpad as well but under Win2k and had all sorts of
problems.  First was that the bios directed LPT1 to the address of LPT3 so I
set it back to the right address 0x378.  The rest are caused by windows.
pony prog seems to work but after using avrdude the parallel port stops
responding (I guess it goes to sleep.)  It did the same with pony prog until
we updated the power management drivers.  The only way to wake it up again
under windows is to change settings in device manager which seems to
re-initialise the port.

The laptop was a T23
hope my waffle is of use.
Dan.