Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude CVS checks

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude CVS checks
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:06:43 -0600

On 1 Jul 2004 at 11:39, Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just doing some tests on the latest CVS version:
>
> I build avrdude.exe with:
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> make
>
> On my cygwin in Windows XP. Everything built OK (except for the documentation,
> got some errors/warnings about some lines being too wide, but still looked OK
> when I checked the results) -

Was it the "overfull \hbox" errors? That has been there since the beginning.
There is an item in the TODO file (in the /doc directory) to fix this. Though I
suppose it should be officially moved over to the Savannah bug tracker. AFAICT
It doesn't harm anything but it does make certain portions of the docs look a
little funny (the examples IIRC).

> I then tested the executable file by moving it
> over to my clean Windows 98 test environment along with avrdude.conf.
>
> I then used the avr-isp programmer to program an atmega169 (still have error
> about undefined BS2 and PAGEL signals with m169) and verify it. Everything
> seemed to work well (tested quickly on WinXP as well).
>
> So just a note it seems to work with my quick test!

That's great!

Thank you very much for doing this!

Eric