Re: [avrdude-dev] /dev/parport0 not recognized

From: tacorner
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] /dev/parport0 not recognized
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:04:19 +0200 (CEST)

Alex,

You are right the ppdev module was not being built.  I had to a
"make menuconfig" on the kernel and find it under devices/char.  I never did see
it in gconfig, but maybe I didn't scan closely enough.  I compiled it as a
module.   Now avrdude recognizes the parallel port, but I haven't actually
tried to program an ATMega8 yet.  It works in user mode too, so I don't have to
be root.  I will try it out fully soon.

Tom