RE: [avrdude-dev] Win32 Merge

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Win32 Merge
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:08:21 +1200

Thanks Eric/Martin,

> Well it *is* spring here..... However, there's not much of a
> beach in the Rocky Mountains....

I knew it - you've all been off snow skiing!

> I would suggest leaving the WIN32NATIVE definition *in*, and
> stripping out the __CYGWIN__
> symbol. The reason why, is that, currently we use Cygwin to
> build the software. But there may
> not any reason to limit it to that if somebody cares to use
> some other compiler / toolset to build
> the software. In that case, I would think that it would be
> better to have the generic define of
> WIN32NATIVE, and not the Cygwin-only, Cygwin-specific: __CYGWIN__.

I'll digest both of your comments and check the code again and see how going
with a single WIN32NATIVE symbol instead of __CYGWIN__ will pan out.

Martin I'll send you a copy of the code after I give it another round of
tweaks or you should be able to get the 4.3.0 version the avrdude website
and drop the files in the ZIP file (that I posted on my website) over the
top and rebuild.

Alex