[avrdude-dev] init/exit-cleanup (was: Support for Futurlec AVR developme

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: [avrdude-dev] init/exit-cleanup (was: Support for Futurlec AVR development boards)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:50:27 +0100

wrote:

> Thus, the close routine needs to somehow be able to determine what
> exit specs were specified on the command line so that it can do the
> right thing in this case.  Perhaps a representation of the exit
> specs should be passed in on the open() call, which can then be
> remembered and applied appropriatedly by close(), or something
> similar.

Another way would be to implement programmer-specific options.
If main finds an option that it doesn't know, it just calls
pgm->parse_option().

There is one issue here, either we insist in "-E" appearing after
"-c" (change of behaviour) or we need to buffer the options until we
know the programmer.

This would also allow us to easily implement other programmer-specific
stuff (e.g. the STK500-stuff like "set voltage").

BTW: Programmers that don't have programmer-specific options, would
not have to be changed. We could just add a default-functions in
"pgm.c" that returns -1 (i.e. "can't parse this option").

> Note that we lost this capability at some point and we don't
> currently honor the exit specs, so this is not something that is
> working at the moment.

I just tested the exitspecs on Linux and they are fine except for the
case mentioned in my last post.

Cheers
  Jan-Hinnerk