Re: [avrdude-dev] chip_erase and cycle_count cleanup

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] chip_erase and cycle_count cleanup
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:53:52 +0100

On Sunday 30 November 2003 19:46, Brian Dean wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 07:31:36PM +0100, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
wrote:
> > as discussed earlier, I would like to have an
> > avr_chip_erase() in "avr.c" which does
> > - avr_get_cycle()
> > - pgm->chip_erase()
> > - avr_set_cycle()
>
> Yep - sounds good.

Here is a first version of a patch.
Cycles count now works with avr910, can't test the others

However, I'm still unsure about a few things.
- I have added a check, so that cycle count isn't tracked, if it can't
be read before erase. Is this the right thing to do?
- Why is cycle count reset at 0xffff?
- How is the cycle counter protected, when eeprom is written?

/Jan-Hinnerk