Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #6764] -U syntax doesn't allow full paths in Wind

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #6764] -U syntax doesn't allow full paths in Windows
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:39:03 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> Patch looks good. Tested ok. I read flash to a file containing a drive
> letter and colon with spaces in the filename, and it worked.

Fine, I only made a dry-run test (using -F and a ficticous
non-existent programmer on my test machine), but deemed that to be
enough for a filename parser test.

> The docs should definitely say something about this.

Sure, I only wanted to get opinions for the patch first.

I wouldn't even restrict that to Windows users in the docs, just
mention that pathnames that contain a colon require the trailing
format to be specified.

If at all, the EXAMPLES section could list an appropriate
example.

I'm willing to commit that (including the not yet existent doc
update) unless anyone objects.