Re: [avrdude-dev] Possible bug in S-record output

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Possible bug in S-record output
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:11:41 -0400

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 04:31:13PM +0300, Alexey V.Levdikov  wrote:

> Brian ,I think, this also isn't quite correctly because you would
> get the same error in case when you dump the eeprom from a device
> that has less memory than the part you attempt to load this file
> into. But in general, I agree that 'srec' and 'ihex' subroutines
> must operate memory identically in order to avoid such
> uncertainities. I've removed all unnecessary code and fixed a bug
> (in the removed code :-() that I think was a cause of all these
> problems.

Thanks Alexey!  And thanks again for the contribution of the s-record
code in the first place, since there would be no s-record support at
all without your work.

I won't get a chance to test the new code until about 8 hours or so
from now, but if someone else gets to it first, that'd be fine.  Tom,
if you have the ability to rebuild avrdude on your platform and
confirm that it does the expected thing now, that'd be great too.

Thanks,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean