[avrdude-dev] RE: Possible bug in S-record output

From: Tom Harris
Subject: [avrdude-dev] RE: Possible bug in S-record output
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:33:03 +1000

Alexey V.Levdikov wrote:
        This happens when all memory block contains only 0xff , then all
unprogrammed bits are skipped and only s9 record in the .s19 file presents.
S-record type S9, indicating it is a termination record.
This does not appear to be the case, I had 0xee in my lfuse register.
I have captured the output from avrdude. The Intel format output is a block
containing a single byte, value 0xee. The Motorola format output contains no
data

C:\>avrdude -pm8 -Pcom2 -cstk500 -mlfuse -fi -o-

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude: reading lfuse memory:
     0
avrdude: writing output file "-"
:01000000EE11
:00000001FF

avrdude done.  Thank you.

C:\>avrdude -pm8 -Pcom2 -cstk500 -mlfuse -fs -o-

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude: reading lfuse memory:
     0
avrdude: writing output file "-"