Re: [avrdude-dev] Build avrdude under Windows

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Build avrdude under Windows
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:51:35 -0700

On 24 Mar 2003 at 19:33, Volkmar Dierkes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am sorry, but I have some trouble to get the environment running for
> building avrdude on my own. I am using W2K and as I understand I need
> cygwin to build it.
>
> Can someone tell me which packets of cygwin I need and what I have to
> do to get the build process runinng?
>
> I am sorry, but that are my first steps with cygwin.

Get all of the development branch of the cygwin tree. avrdude needs
the readline library and the curses library (ncurses).

Try that and let me know if that doesn't work. I'm not completely
sure on a component by component basis what the minimum is needed. I
pretty much have all of cygwin. But then again, at work I have a T1
connection to the net. :-)

Eric