[avrdude-dev] ATMega 32

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: [avrdude-dev] ATMega 32
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:57:43 -0000

Hi all,
I've been working on getting the mega 32 part info into avrdude.
I've got it working and can mostly program the device fine. The only problem
I have is with programming the fuses!

If I go into terminal mode and issue the following command

>>> write hfuse 0000 0xc7
I get the following error:

avrdude (write): error writing 0xc7 at 0x00000, rc=-6
avrdude (write): error writing 0xc7 at 0x00000 cell=0xff

However when I read back the fuse value it has been set correctly.
I've double checked my config file which has the right commands in it.

Finally is there a way of programming the fuses from a command line?
I thought the following would work
avrdude -p m32 -c pony -m hfuse 0000 0xc7
I get the following message back but nothing has changed.

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9502
avrdude: you must specify an input or an output file

avrdude done.  Thank you.

I've also only checked the m32 with the pony programmer that I added a few
weeks ago.

If anybody wants to use the m32 definition then that's fine by me.

Dan.