Re: [avrdude-dev] (Fwd) AVRDUDE

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] (Fwd) AVRDUDE
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:18:17 -0500

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 08:10:26PM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Even simpler: a second identifier can be added to the same
> programmer definition.
>
> Hmm, this has the disadvantage that avrdude -c ? wouldn't list
> the alias.  Could that be fixed, or are we going to rather
> add a duplicate entry for the "bascom" dongle?

Yeah, I thought about that, but you are right in that -c ? would not
print the alias.  That could certainly be fixed, but I think its
better in this case to have a duplicate entry since the "bascom" alias
is not very specific.  Having the second entry provides a more
detailed description for what the "bascom" programmer actually is,
where it's not clear if we add it as an alias to DT006.  Also, I may
be wrong, but I think BASCOM supports more than one programmer type.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
address@hidden