attiny 828 ISR vector definition

From: Dolf Andringa
Subject: attiny 828 ISR vector definition
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 08:06:04 +0800

Hi all,

First off, thanks for the awesome work that probably doesn't get
anywhere near the appreciation it deserves from the whole world of
embedded development, makers, hobbyists and IoT. This is my first post
to this list, so apologies in advance if I made some n00b mistakes.

I am developing a small app based on the attiny 828, and using
avr-libc in the process. I wanted to use some ISR vectors, but when
checking them for the attiny 828, I noticed something that I don't
understand.

On page 48 of the attiny 828 datasheet in table 16
(https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/doc8371.pdf) I see
very different ISR vector definitions than I see in the current trunk
of the attiny828 in avr-libc header files.

On line 745 of iotn828.h
(http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/avr-libc/trunk/avr-libc/include/avr/iotn828.h?view=markup#l745)
it says for instance that

745    /* USART Rx Complete */
746    #define USART_RX_vect _VECTOR(17)
747    #define USART_RX_vect_num 17

while the datasheet talks about vector number 18 being USART0_RXC aka
"USART0 Rx Complete", and vector 17 is USART0_RXS aka "USART0 Rx
Start".

Am I completely missing something here? Or am I looking at the wrong
files? Or did I actually find a bug? I can't really imagine I did find
a bug, but if I did, I would be happy to file a bug report and submit
a patch to fix them. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers,

Dolf Andringa | E: dolf@hellotherma.com  W: www.hellotherma.com

Lead Hardware Engineer