support for atmega4809 family?

From: Britton Kerin
Subject: support for atmega4809 family?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 11:10:17 -0900

I notice there are official arduinos (arduino nano every and variants)
which use the 4809 now so there's presumably some support for this
chip somewhere. Is it going to show up in my beloved avr-libc?

If there's work to be done I'd be interested in helping with this
though I haven't done any avr-libc work before.  I saw some email
mentioning it as well

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2019-11/msg00002.html

so maybe it's already done, but would be lovely if it showed up in a
release of course.