[avr-libc-dev] [patch #8826] Add UCSR0C bit definitions for ATmega1284(p

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #8826] Add UCSR0C bit definitions for ATmega1284(p) USART in SPI mode
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 16:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

Update of patch #8826 (project avr-libc):

             Assigned to:                    None => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thinking a little about it, I'm not that convinced yet about this.

All the modern ATmega-style devices (starting with the ATmega2560)
document these bits that way.  So if at all, we'd have to patch
all their header files, to supply the UDORDn and UCPHAn bits.

However, these bits are nowhere else named that way.  In particular,
none of the Atmel device description files mention these names, so
Atmel Studio doesn't know about them either.

But again: if we would really want to change something, then for
*all* devices that are affected, not just the ATmega1284*.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8826>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/