Re: [avr-libc-dev] Support for AtMega328pb

From: JanEgil.Ruud
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Support for AtMega328pb
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:29:44 +0000

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > > In the latter case, we cannot simply move that code into the tree,
> > > because Atmel has the copyright for it.  They at least have to
> > > agree, but sure, it would be easiest if they integrated it
> > > theirselves as they used to do in the past.
> >
> > is there a chance to trigger that?
>
> I was in the hope one of the Atmel guys listening here would respond.

We have spent quite some effort into detaching part support from other
toolchains and libraries. In doing this we can more easily release support for
new parts and fix bugs in the existing part support. Part support is now
distributed in CMSIS-compatible packs that are available on
http://packs.download.atmel.com/ . I would rather recommend you to download and
unzip these packs, and then point the toolchain to the location of the linker
scripts in the pack.

-Jan Egil Ruud
   --Microchip Tools employee