Re: [avr-libc-dev] Support for AtMega328pb

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Support for AtMega328pb
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:36:23 +0100

As Wilhelm Meier wrote:

> > But of course, if you want to submit a patch yourself, feel free to
> > do so.  The biggest work is to create the ioxxx.h header file.

> ok, obviously done by Fa. Watterott.

Are you sure?  Or are they just redistributing stuff that Atmel
already ships as part of their Atmel Studio?

In the latter case, we cannot simply move that code into the tree,
because Atmel has the copyright for it.  They at least have to agree,
but sure, it would be easiest if they integrated it theirselves as
they used to do in the past.

> Ok, I need to find the steps to generate the crtmega328pb.o ...

Ah, I forgot: the device also needs to be added to
devtools/gen-avr-lib-tree.sh.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/