Re: [avr-libc-dev] How attached are people to the implementation of rand

From: George Spelvin
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] How attached are people to the implementation of rand()/random()?
Date: 6 Dec 2016 14:28:06 -0500

Thanks for the help.  It's not on the critical path yet, but I would
like to get some self-tests working.

> This looks strange. With avr-libc from trunk and a reasonable
> up to date avr-gcc (5.2+) the crt should be located in
>
> $prefix/avr/lib/avr51/crtatmega128.o

Perhaps the fact (I mentioned in in passing in a previous message to
the list) that I'm using 4.9.2 (because that's what Debian has packaged)
has had an effect?

Another thing is that I haven't installed *anything* yet; there is no
$prefix/avr directory.  I was assuming that the tests would run against
the built tree *before* installation.  (If I can't run "make check"
before "make install", that smells like a bug that needs fixing.)