Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #48480] missing definitions in iox128a1u.h, iox6

From: Chris Pavlina
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #48480] missing definitions in iox128a1u.h, iox64a1u.h
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:03:13 -0400

Well, an acknowledgment would demonstrate that the bug tracker is still
actually active, given that this month-old bug is the most recent one on
our tracker and still untouched. It would also demonstrate that the
developers are aware that the bug exists and have a plan for how and/or
when it would be fixed, and perhaps show that the developers are
grateful for the contribution.

On the bug tracker I'm active on (KiCad), we always try to respond to
and triage bug reports as they come, for good reason. Occasionally that
doesn't happen, because we get inundated with reports, but avr-libc only
had two reports that _month_ so I don't think that's much of an excuse.

The bug tracker is a way for developers to communicate with users. It's
generally considered rude to give the silent treatment to people who
communicate with you.

(For reference, I am "anonymous". Savannah screwed up my login and I
couldn't be arsed to figure out why.)