[avr-libc-dev] 2.0.0 and XMega32E5 eeprom troubles...

From: Scott Price
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] 2.0.0 and XMega32E5 eeprom troubles...
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 13:23:59 -0600

I am not able to get any of the eeprom_write_* or eeprom_update_* functions working on an XMega32E5. There are no compile errors or warnings, the functions just don't do anything. The eeprom read functions that I am using all work fine.

I had previously been using a version of avr-libc that I lifted from AVRStudio 6.2 to get support for the E5. The eeprom functions worked well on that version.

I compiled it using gcc-4.9.3 on Ubuntu Trusty.

Atmel's nvm functions work for me, but add a significant amount of code. I would rather use the ones from avr-libc, since I use them for all of my other AVR projects.

Looking through the code and the docs it seems like the functions should work.

I have done a number of experiments, including writing a fixed value to a fixed location on boot then reading the eeprom out with avr-dude. Nothing I have done has produced a successful write.

What more information do you need, or what tests can I run to help debug this?

Thanks!

Scott  =)

--
Scott L. Price, P.E.