Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #45151] #define _ASM_SFR_COMPAT 1 and #include <

From: Urja Rannikko
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #45151] #define _ASM_SFR_COMPAT 1 and #include <avr/power.h> results in build error
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 19:36:06 +0300

Hi,

So i cant be bothered to reply at the bug because cant be bothered
making an account there and i dont think anybody will miss much if
they miss this.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Pitchumani <address@hidden> wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #1, bug #45151 (project avr-libc):
>
> If _SFR_ASM_COMPAT is defined, you can't use any of the macros/ functions from
> power.h. Now __power_all_enable/disable are modified as inline function, so
> those functions are expanded where power.h is included and caused these
> errors.
Yeah it was quite obviously clear.
After reporting this i actually thought it was a bit silly of me, but i was in
test-and-report-everything mode.

I heard you were considering a release so i thought it'd be nice to pre-test
my stuff. I'd guess it was good that this was the only thing i found :)
Some stuff compiles a bit bigger (by like 10-20 bytes) than with 4.9.2,
some smaller...

> Possible solution maybe to include power.h conditionally (if not
> _SFR_ASM_COMPAT)
This is actually a good idea even for my main header, thanks.

I dont care how the bug ends up going, if you want to fix it i'd say
#ifndef _SFR_ASM_COMPAT (or similar) in power.h around the functions
would be okay,
since you cant use any of the stuff anyways.