[avr-libc-dev] Unused device specific CFLAGS in gen-avr-lib-tree's DEV_I

From: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Unused device specific CFLAGS in gen-avr-lib-tree's DEV_INFO lists?
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 18:00:34 +0530

Hi,

  The gen-avr-lib-tree.sh script has one field for each device to
  specify CFLAGS to use (CFLAGS_SPACE, CFLAGS_BIGMEMORY etc..), but it
  isn't used anywhere - all device specific code (eeprom and crt) are
  assembly only, and the flags therefore have no effect.

  I do realize they make sense for things built per-arch (libc, libm);
  the arch descriptions in AVR_ARH_INFO do specify them.

  Is their presence a historic artifact, or are they there for a reason?

Regards
Senthil