Re: [avr-libc-dev] realloc shrinking corrupts last two bytes of shrunk c

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] realloc shrinking corrupts last two bytes of shrunk chunk
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:58:09 +0100

Francesco Potortì:
>> I just realized that my previous bug report may be obsolete.  I checked
>> and see that I have libc 1.6.7 installed, but in the change log for
>> 1.7.0 I read:
>>
>>   [#27242] realloc: serious error when size shrinks
>>
>> I will upgrade and try again.

Joerg Wunsch:
>There is also:
>
>https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?32702
>
>which is not yet fixed.

It seems the second one is a different issue.  Anyway, I realised that
in fact the Arduino environment, while being shipped with avr-libc 1.6,
includes malloc.c and realloc.c from 1.8.0.  They are compoiled and
linked by default when using the Arduino IDE, but I use a different
environment and I had missed those.  Once I use realloc from 1.8.0 the
problem disappears.

Sorry for reporting a bug from an obsolete version.