[avr-libc-dev] [bug #39875] Warning 1 unused variable '__ticks' [-Wunuse

From: Mike Ady
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #39875] Warning 1 unused variable '__ticks' [-Wunused-variable] C:\PROGRA~2\Atmel\ATMELT~1\AVR8GC~1\Native\342~1.939\AVR8-G~1\av
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:22:23 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #39875 (project avr-libc):

I did see #38904, and I thought that this was different.  In my experience, if
there is any mystery about the "may be used uninitialized" error mentioned in
#38904, then it is often caused by an unexpected interaction with a macro.
The OP might want to take a look at the preprocessor expansion in the listing
file.

The fix that I suggested below does get rid of the "unused variable" warning
message from the compiler.  I don't think that the change would have any
effect on #38904.  It seems to me that the bug that I'm complaining about is a
simple oversight and who ever introduced the bug failed to test both code
paths of the preprocessor conditional.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39875>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/