Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #38765] avr/iotnx5.h defines USI_OFL_vect not US

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #38765] avr/iotnx5.h defines USI_OFL_vect not USI_OVERFLOW_vect
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:51:24 +0200

As David Goodenough wrote:

> Unfortunately savannah will not let me register, keeps complaining that
> I should contact its administrator.

Then please do (open a "support" ticket).

> Is there any way to complain to Atmel and suggest that a little
> consistancy would be helpful.

<address@hidden>, though I doubt they'll do that kind of changes for
existing products.

> As an alternative, as so as not to break existing code, would it not
> be possible to define both, i.e. if OVF is defined then define OVERFLOW
> to match, and vica verca.

That's beyond the goal of avr-libc: avr-libc wants to provide what the
datasheet tells you.  As such, we don't blindly follow datasheet changes.
For instance, if a later datasheet revision changes a name that was
prviously named differently, but the original doesn't conflict with
anything else, we usually keep both names.  However, establishing a kind
of compatibility layer is beyond the scope of the project.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/