Re: [avr-libc-dev] r2344 config failure

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] r2344 config failure
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:03:04 +0200

As Enoch wrote:

> Please be aware that the latest SVN build fails at the configure
> stage:

First, thanks for reporting!

> ./configure --build=`./config.guess` --host=avr --prefix=$HOME
> error: cannot find input file: `avr/lib/avr5/atmega64rfr2/Makefile.in'

Strange, and certainly not supposed to happen.  However, I cannot
reproduce it.  For me, configure tells:

config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega32hvbrevb/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega32m1/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega32u4/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega32u6/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega406/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega64rfr2/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega644rfr2/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega64/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega640/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega644/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega644a/Makefile
config.status: creating avr/lib/avr5/atmega644p/Makefile

I tried a fresh pristine SVN checkout, to make sure there are no side
effects from old history, or files I might have forgotten to add to
SVN.

These Makefile.in in the various avr/lib/ subdirectories are supposed
to be created already at bootstrap time.  So after you ran
./bootstrap, the hierarchy must be complete.  If you are using a tree
that has been configured and built before, make sure to run "make
distclean" first, and/or rm -r the avr/ subdirectory before running
./bootstrap.

> By the way, is there a way to limit the build to a single
> architecture only?

Nobody did ever implement that on purpose, but I think, if you
go down into the respective avr/lib/<arch> subdirectory, and call
"make" right there, that's probably what you are looking for.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/