[avr-libc-dev] Debugging AVR XMEGA with the Dragon

From: Omar Choudary
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Debugging AVR XMEGA with the Dragon
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:14:31 +0000

Hello,

I am in a situation where it would be extremely helpful to be able to use
my dragon to debug an xmega256A3U.

Unfortunately, after running my avarice script (which used to work for the
AT90USB1287), I got the following error:
No configuration available for device ID: 4c0

Then I found this post:
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=108389

where Jörg said (2 years ago) that there was no code in avarice to handle
this device.

I would like to know:
a) Are there any updates in this direction so that I can use the dragon
with the xmega?
b) What can I use to debug the xmega? I use ubuntu with avr-gcc tools, not
Windows/AS.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Omar